The end of the eleventh week in GSoC 2016 and when I look back I am amazed to see the amount of contribution that I made to plots2. For the last couple of weeks I have been working on designing the interface for some pages, mainly the changes due to the Q & A system. Here are what I have been working on till now
- Add a Recently Answered tab in questions landing page that lists out the recently answered questions
- Add Q & A to user Profile that would list the questions asked and answered by any user
- Create a a distinct sidebar for questions
- Add a tag based sort functionality for questions. This would enable filtering questions based on tags
- Add a separate question tab in tags page. Tags page contained research notes, wiki and maps earlier
- Make it easier to search and ask questions from the questions page by improving the Search/Ask question field that I made earlier.
- Finally add links for Questions page in the website header and also put links to Question page and Ask question page in various pages like the dashboard, tags page etc.
This is going to be long PR and I am still working on it; it is nearly completed. Just some little design changes and modifications are needed.
Apart from these there were some important issues that I had to take care while making these changes. I had to distinguish between research notes and questions since questions in plots2 were actually notes marked with a
question:topic power tag. So I had to list out research note and questions separately. I made two methods
.questions() in the
DrupalNode model that would extract research_notes and questions separately.
Apart from these there were many small design changes that I had to make alongside. Here are some of the screenshots of the pages. They are likely to be changed in future.
Here is how the questions page looks now when you go to the
Here is how the content of the questions section in profile page would look. You can see this in the
And here is how the questions will be listed in the